I’d like to take this opportunity to remind you that if you have questions or concerns about your streets, sidewalks, local parks, or other City of Winnipeg services, please contact our 311 service.

Winnipeg’s 311 system is set up so residents can report their concerns or get information about city services. There are several ways to reach 311: by dialing 311 on your phones; by emailing 311@winnipeg.ca; by reaching out through the official City of Winnipeg social media accounts; or in-person at the front counter of the Susan A. Thompson building at 510 Main St.

You can also connect with 311 through the City of Winnipeg website. When you visit www.winnipeg.ca/311 you will find forms you can use to report concerns such as potholes, damaged trees, or missed garbage pickup.

Once a city department receives a request through 311, it reviews the issue and determines the timeline for repair or intervention. City staff work very hard to resolve concerns as quickly and effectively as they can, though it sometimes does not feel that way. Concerns that pose an immediate threat of danger to a neighbourhood become priorities, while other concerns may take longer to resolve.

Read more